Ditch the store-bought fabric refresher and keep things like drapes, pillows, sheets, and clothing smelling fresh and clean with scents that you control—all the while saving you money and time.
TIME: 5 minutes
MAKES: 15 oz of linen spray
30 drops essential oil (We like lavender, rose, or jasmine)
3 oz isopropyl alcohol
1 1/2 cups filtered or distilled water
1. Pour alcohol into a small bowl.
2. Add essential oil and mix thoroughly. (Mixing the oil and alcohol before adding water is imperative.)
3. Add distilled water and stir.
4. Using the funnel, pour the mixture into the bottle and spray onto your sheets, curtains, clothing, and pretty much anything cloth and/or covered in cloth that could use a fragrant spritz.
If you don’t feel like using rubbing alcohol, you can substitute either vodka or witch hazel.
- Of course, we prefer glass spray bottles, but if you don’t have one on hand, you can reuse an empty spray bottle. Simply wash out the former ingredients, let dry completely, and refill with your own concoction.
- Rubbing alcohol is not usually sold in glass containers, but vodka sure is! Switch out your alcohols to have a lighter, sweeter-scented impact.
- Filtered water from a refillable container is your best bet when aiming for less waste, but if you prefer distilled, remember to reuse or recycle your plastic jug.